1 x Intel Xeon Silver 4110 Octa-core (8 Core) 2.10 GHz - 16 GB Installed DDR4 SDRAM - 300 GB (1 x 300 GB) SAS HDD - 12Gb/s SAS, Serial ATA/600 Controller - 0, 1, 5, 6 RAID Levels - 750 W - 2 Processor Support - 1.50 TB RAM Support - Gigabit Ethernet
Uncompromising performance and density
The PowerEdge R640 is the ideal dual-socket, 1U platform for dense scale-out data center computing. The R640 combines density, performance and scalability to optimize application performance and data center density.
Maximize application performance and density
The scalable business architecture of the R640 is designed to maximize application performance and provide the flexibility to optimize configurations based on the application and use case. With the R640 you can create an NVMe cache pool and use either 2.5" or 3.5" drives for data storage. Combined with up to 24 DIMM's, 12 of which can be NVDIMM's, you have the resources to create the optimum configuration to maximize application performance with the optimum configuration in only a 1U chassis.
- Simplify deployments and speed deployments with Dell EMC ready nodes for ScaleIO and VSAN.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 8 NVMe drives or 12 2.5" drives.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® SP delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation Xeon processors.
Automate maintenance with Dell EMC OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage™ portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R640 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
- Simplify management with the New OpenManage Enterprise™ console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Guard your data center with built in security
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server lifecyle. The R640 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 1U Rack Server
- Brand: Dell
- Product Code: Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 1U Rack Server
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: £2,173.67